"FEMINIST THINKING BELIEVES IN THE EQUALITY OF HUMAN BEINGS. IT DOES NOT ACCEPT CORRUPTION OR CLASS DISTINCTIONS. INSTEAD OF BUYING ARMS WE SHOULD BUILD SCHOOLS. THIS IS THE THINKING WE NEED." - SHIRIN EBADI
Visibility and consistent messaging shifts public conversations. We put feminist peacebuilders’ messages and solutions in the media spotlight to change hearts and minds. To this end we:
- Provide media training to build capacity of women’s movements and women peacemakers to effectively engage with media.
- Document and disseminate success of women’s organizations and movements in addressing key challenges to peacebuilding including sexual violence.
- Leveraging the media access of Nobel peace laureates to amplify the messages of women’s movements and women’s organizations.
- Spotlight the contribution of women human rights defenders to peace movement.
- On a daily basis we craft, curate and publish stories about women's activism in peacebuilding, ending sexual violence, and protecting the climate, sharing them to tens of thousands of followers on our Twitter, Facebook and an Instagram channels.
- In 2019 we launched Interview Her, an online platform to make women experts in peace and security easily available to journalists and media around the world. There are currently more than 146 experts from 40 countries. Through Interview-Her.com we aim to include a greater diversity of voices in the media and to change the narrative around issues related to women, conflict and security.
- Also in 2019 we launched the podcast series When Feminists Rule the World featuring Latin-Canadian-LGBTQ award-winning comedian, actor, activist, and playwright Martha Chavas as host. Edgy and provocative, you'll be challenged and inspired. You'll hear perspectives you haven't before. We think the patriarchy has done enough damage and we are not afraid to say it. Listen here.
- Since its founding in 2006, the Nobel peace laureates have undertaken 18 fact-finding and solidarity delegations in countries around the world to hear first hand the accounts of women and their challenges, experiences, ideas and innovative approaches. Afterwards they use their reach and access to get those perspectives out to as many people as possible, and into the ears of influencers and decision-makers.